I am starting to become more aware of things going on internally … emotions, thought processes, etc.
One of the things I have become more aware of is a sense of anxiety and at times, feelings of “not being good enough” or at even, “almost but not quite.” If I am not careful, it will turn into a depression of sorts and I’ll start to shut down.
Truth is, there really is no real reason I should be feeling or experiencing these things. However, one thing I want to do is to be more appreciative of all the good things I have in life, so I thought it would be a good time to count my blessings, so to speak. In no particular order ….
1) I have a good job and work with nice people (plus overtime!).
2) I have good prospects for the future.
3) I have a great circle of friends (waves and hugs to my Personal Atheist especially)
4) I have a SIR who cares a great deal about me
5) I have met many wonderful people through blogging, especially the Doorman Priest and Grandmere Mimi, Eileen, Lizbeth, Tobias, Dennis, Jarred, Pisco and others too many to name (I’m sure I forgot someone)
This list is by no means exhaustive but these are the really important ones right now. Stepping back from them a bit, i can’t help but notice that 4 out of 5 have to do with people and the various communities I’m a part of. Interesting …
Well, before I start overanalyzing and overthinking, I’m just going to sit and and enjoy the blessings … 🙂 and with God’s help be a blessing to others.